Friday 27 February 2009

Stem Cell Transplant - Day Three/Four

Pleased to say that I am still doing well albeit feeling quite sick today.

It is now a waiting game. My white cells are gradually dying from the effects of the chemo and at some point will be zero during the next few days (not sure how many). In the meantime my stem cells are hopefully settling themselves back in. The next few days I believe are quite crucial and hopefully I will not pick up a flu or virus whilst the counts are down.

Yesterday however there was a treat. I was given a leave pass so Sara and I were able to go out for a couple of hours and browse the local shops and have a bite to eat. That was a real surprise and very enjoyable. We could pretty much do as we liked but had to avoid crowds (ie tube, buses cinema etc). It was great to get some fresh air and wander the streets hand in hand with my gogeous wife.

Mr nausea came to visit in the afternoon and has pretty much stayed ever since. A couple of sleeping tablets last night were a great relief!!!

Today has been pretty much the same. Poor Sara was not well and quite sensibly thought best not to come in given the risk of infection. Campbell was also off school with similar. I have spent most of the day lying on the bed listening to the cricket on TV. At present I feel like I have a bad flu and just bunking in waiting for it to pass. Good to see both the Aussies and England are getting some runs!

I was allowed out again .. I wandered around for about forty minutes but went back as wasnt feeling great. It was great however to bump into Gordon one of our Pavilion Stewards outside the hospital.

Have noticed my hair is still falling out but I still have enough to get by. Thanks Mum and Dad or is it Grandparents who hand dwon the 'hair gene'. Thanks anyway.

Not much else to write. Hanging in there for the ride!!

No comments:

Post a Comment