Sunday 1 March 2009

Stem Cell Transplant - Day Six

Another Leave Pass!

Another good day today as I was given a leave pass to go home again. That is the good news, the bad news is my doctor tells me this will be my last visit home until my treatment is complete as my white cell count dropped from six (I think) to two so I will not be able to leave the hospital anymore for risk of infection.

It was great to relax at home! Sara cooked a beautiful Sunday Roast (chicken my favourite) however three mouthfuls in I'm afraid I had to pass as I really am having trouble with nausea now. Dinner was half a bowl of Sara's beautiful chicken soup and quite frankly I think that is about all I will be able to face from here on in. Sara is going to bring this in tomorrow when she visits thank goodness.

I believe I can expect five 'interesting' days now as the count goes to zero and the inevitable infection (hopefully small as I 'm sure it will be) will come to visit.

So a very relaxing day at home. I am feeling very tired now and as mentioned the last thing on my mind is food!

I love my family and being at home and had a wonderful chat with my children in Australia this morning via skype. Cant wait until Juliet is finally here permanently! Also had a nice chat to Mum & Dad also in Aust.

1 comment:

  1. Keith glad you recieved a hall pass to visit home, sometimes that is the best medicine. I pray you stay infection free. I hope for a great week for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete