Wednesday 4 March 2009

Stem Cell Transplant - Day Eight/Nine

Count is zero. Sorry for the lack of posts over the last two days but it has been a real struggle. Three words come to mind namely sick sick sick.

Yesterday in particular was a tough one. Extreme nausea meant I could virtually not lift my head off the pillow. Foods were definitely out of the question plus even a glass of water. There was also a fever and really just feeling unwell.

The day was really lying in bed... lights out, tv off just bunking in and hanging on.

My anti nausea drugs were changed and infused later in the day, that helped.

Sara was by my side as always and the head massages were a great relief ... thank you darling. She is amazing.

This morning (day ten) I feel so much better. Slight nausea etc but compared to the last two days hooray! Hopefully tonight when I do my blog I can reprot good progress.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Keith,
    My name is Jean and I’m with the National Bone Marrow Transplant Link, an organization dedicated to helping patients, caregivers, and families cope with social and emotional challenges before, during, and after transplant by providing vital information and personalized support services. We subscribe to Google blog alerts, where we found your story. I wish you all the best on this difficult journey--I know what it's like--my daughter was there 7 years ago!
    If you would like to find out more about our programs and services, please visit our website, www.nbmtlink.org or call 800-546-5268.
    Regards, Jean

    ReplyDelete